Monday 21 March 2011

A spanner in the works...

... or is it?

About 7 hours after my first post (and paying for my Cohen's diet), my boyfriend and I had a big discussion that ended with us deciding to break up. Pretty sad and angry to have to go through this all again, not to mention have to deal with the emotional upheaval that comes with having to split up a household and two peoples' lives.

I didn't go get my blood test Monday morning (today), on account of the amount of alcohol I had consumed on the Sunday. Nor am I really in a rush now to start, because of the obvious period of grief that I think I will probably be disruptive and having me crave more comfort foods/alcohol than normal.

You have to start within a certain time from the first blood test so I am going to wait a bit and at least wait until I receive my sign up pack in the mail before I do it.

On the upside, the only times I have really mananged to lose weight successfully have been when I am single. So - now I know that I will be successful. It would have been more fulfilling to have succeeded in losing weight whilst I was in a relationship because I've never managed before, but at the end of the day, it's not a huge deal.

I'll get back to you soon with a start date.

M x

2 comments:

  1. If you need a holiday Mel, Vancouver is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I can't believe I didn't get notification of your comment. I don't know how this thing works yet, do you get notification when I post something? And I am planning to go to France to learn French this year, so after that, I will definitely consider it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete