Thursday 24 March 2011

There's a mild panic setting in...

OK, so today I was at work and the girl next to me produces a bowl of snickers pods (OMG - have you ever tried pods?? Esther - you will appreciate this), a bowl of M&M peanuts and a bowl of nuts. All I could think to myself is, 'how the hell am I going to get through the next 3 months with stuff like this being shoved in my face daily?'

One M&M will totally stuff up my blood sugar and make weighing all that food pointless. So, to motivate myself, I found this:


Bahahahahaha. Thanks Dr Phil. So, I think I will make that my phone wall paper and try to look at that each time I want to eat something that someone at work shoves in my face.

Now for an actual progress update; I sent in all my forms today and they said that they received my bloodwork yesterday, so now I just have to wait for "Dr Cohen" to prepare my diet. Scary! Oh, and I told my friend from work all about this so that she can protect me from such temptations in the future.

Speak to you soon!

M x

PS - Thanks to all the people that have signed up. It is nice to feel supported. I also had support via my brother the other day when he rang me up to kick my arse for my second post, A spanner in the works..., which he said made it sound like I put it all out to the Universe and then took it all back. Lucky for me I could tell him that I'd actually had my blood test already that morning and therefore saved myself from said arsekicking. Phew. Thanks Mike. ;) It makes such a difference to feel like somebody is listening and to have you all keep me accountable. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment