Tuesday 3 May 2011

Cohen's Diet; Day 27.

I'm coming up to 4 weeks on the Cohen's Lifestyle Program on Thursday. I feel like I have hit a bit of a plateau and that I haven't lost any weight this week, but then again, this has happened before and then I've dropped a kilo over night so it's hard to tell. The Cohen's Clinic send me an email once a week telling me what to expect at each stage. The one for this week said I should really start to burn fat now after 21 days on the program, but that it might not translate on the scales so I should only weigh myself monthly as to not get discouraged. I certainly see their point, but I don't seem able to ween myself off the scales for more than a few days at a time.

I've notived this week that a little bit of frustration has crept in over not being finished already. It's funny, it's like there has been such a shift in my mind and eating that it feels wrong to still be overweight, like my mind no longer matches my body. Almost as if before I commenced this journey I had the mind of an overweight person, and so it fit with my body. I also ate like an overweight person. Now that I eat like a slim person, and my mind is that of a slim person, it is uncomfortable waiting around in an overweight body until my body catches up. It is just that realisation that I have to keep up this dedication and determination for a long time yet. I can see how so many people give up after a while.

I've started watching MasterChef again, which I haven't watched since I watched the first season with my brother in 2009. I haven't watched the TV for a long time and I've been amazed to see how many advertisements there are for fastfood! I am not sure that watching a show about all the kinds of foods I can't have at the moment is helpful, but I do enjoy watching it. I am starting to really look forward to the day when I can have a glass of wine again though, or a piece of chocolate!!!

Wish me luck for weigh in!

M. x

2 comments:

  1. my darling Mel - the scales only show a number that has no meaning. The scales do not say who you are as a person or what your worth is. The scales do not show how determined or courageous or amazing you are - YOU tell yourself that! using the scales to determine how well you are going should only add up to a small portion. the rest my girl must come from you. we can provide you with the support as much as we like - but if you dont truly 100% believe yourself that you are doing amazing - then the message will never sink in. you know you are an awesome woman - my Matron of Honour whom i love to the moon and back. no matter what size, shape, how you look, you will always be one of my favorite people in the world and i will always love you. im so proud of you! Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie. :) I love you too. xxx

    ReplyDelete