Thursday 16 June 2011

Cohen's Diet Weigh In; Week 10.

Woah - week 10? Where did the time go? Can't believe it's been 10 weeks, or that I've kept up this diet and this blog. Even though it was my intention to do so, it really is a suprise to me that I've stuck with both and that I haven't posted a blog beginning with, 'Ok so last night I drank a glass of wine. Err... did I say glass? I meant bottle...' So, yay for me!!! Also - I've been to yoga 5 times in a row now. 5 times! Even when it's been cold and raining. Don't know what's happened to me but this is good stuff. :)

This week I lost 0.9 kg which brings me to a grand total of 15 kg! Ta da! I am 1.1 kg away from my arch nemesis on the scales, a weight I haven't cracked (well, in the right direction) since my honeymoon in 2007. So almost 4 years later, here's hoping I crack it this week.

I must say that despite all the great stuff I've just written, I feel like this week can be summed up with the phrase, 'Willpower (or lack thereof) - 1; Mel - 0. Even after my last post, Cohen's Diet Weigh In; Week 9, where I recommitted to my diet and was hoping to stop my cracker binging, there has barely been a day when I've only eaten 5 crackers. In addition, there were a few days where I also ate an extra apple. Not only am I eating extra crackers but I'm eating them within 2 hours of previous crackers or sometimes eating 3 when I'm only allowed 2 at a time. Sigh. I am afraid my willpower has gone out the window. I am the self-sabotage queen. I can honestly say that most of these extra crackers/apples were not eaten because I was hungry, mostly because I was bored or emotionally stressed. This annoys me because I am not getting on top of the urges and behaviours that made me overweight in the first place.

I was voicing this annoyance to my lovely Ange last week after eating some extra crackers and she asked me if I could find a positive in the cracker binge I had just had. I promptly replied that I definitely could not see a positive given I was completely aware of the fact that I was shovelling crackers into my mouth when I was not hungry and that I was not allowed to eat them but I coud not seem to stop myself. Then she asked what I would have done in the past...? I realised that previously, after coming home stressed like I was, I would not have eaten 3 extra crackers. I would have drank a bottle of wine and ordered a pizza. So in that sense, eating 3 extra crackers is a bit of a victory over past behaviours. I suppose I just have to keep on keeping on.

So wish me luck for this week. I am recommitting to you and myself, AGAIN, that this week I will follow the rules, do the program as it is meant to be done, and not the way Melanie thinks it should be done.

Have a great week!! :)

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment