Wednesday 7 September 2011

Cohen's Diet Refeed; Day 8... or... One of the craziest weeks of my life.

Hey everyone! Thanks for all of your messages of support, it means a lot to me. :) Refeed is going well! I've enjoyed having the extra food, I'm up to 3 pieces of bread a day now! My dinner tonight was huge (and probably the most expensive meal I've cooked myself in ages) and consisted of fillet steak, prawns and a whole bunch of asparagus. That's on a big plate too, and those prawns are big. :) I know the presentation is awful but I wanted to eat it while it was hot and just slapped it on there quickly. ;) Thought it was the best photo because it shows how much I am eating now - the asparagus is almost the full length of the diagonal of the plate so you can see it's huge.

My latest exciting food has been banana - wow, I forgot how nice they are. Pineapple has been rocking my world this week, as did my open steak sandwich that I had for lunch yesterday. I forgot how good it was to have meat and cheese together!!! Funny, I don't eat red meat much at all but I've had it twice in two days - I think it's a product of trying to work out which proteins go well together (I have to start mixing them now) and steak is such a winner. On Sunday I can add salmon (I'm going to pair it with prawns) and then on Monday I can have pork so I'll have that with chicken.

On the weekend I will be having pasta - woo hoo! Ha ha, can't believe how excited I am about what used to be staple foods. Fruit and pasta and mixing meat and cheese. Funny! I'm going to have pork with chicken next week and make a fried rice with it, so excited about rice too! Basically I have had to get used to feeling full again, which is a funny feeling when you've not been full for 5 months. I started this diet 5 months ago today - golly, who knew I could stick to it for so long.

As for my weight - I am holding steady, as is the point of refeed. I've added 2 pieces of fruit, 3 pieces of bread and about 150 g protein and 150 g veg to my day and I've lost 100 g all up for the week. I have been going up or down 200 g a day mostly, which is apparently pretty stable. A lot of people react to bread and some of the fruits which can cause them to put on up to a kilo if their body doesn't like something. Luckily I'm all good *touch wood*. Still have 10 days to go so we'll see. I still have to add in pasta/rice/potato, lamb/pork/salmon/scallops, milk, margarine, biscuits and wine...

As you can imagine, this has been the most complicated week of my life, with food measurements and rules from here to Christmas. Plus I have 2 weeks until I go to France for 5 weeks and all of the organisational issues that come with that, not to mention preparing work for my almost 6 week absence. Needless to say I've been a tad preoccupied. Oh and did I mention I am also enrolling to do Honours in Psychology next year and will probably have to move house when I get back from France? No? Well, there's that too!! Plus, my gorgeous housemate moved out on the weekend and so I've been reorganising and trying to fill the void (there is an Angela-shaped hole in my heart!).

Anyhoo - I hope you are all having less crazy weeks than me! You get out what you put in, and all of this stress is what is making this 2011 - The Year of Mel. I'm sorting out my body and self image (crazy diet), my career (enrolled in course this morning), my goals (going to France to learn French) and my home life (moving or getting a new housemate). All of which will set me up for an amazing 2012.

Watch this space people!

M. x

PS - I may have eaten (on occasion) an extra piece of bread (like when it was freshly sliced at Bakers Delight - come on - how could I not eat that thin bit of crust when I'd not eaten bread in 21 weeks??) or an extra banana (because they were so freakin' amazing) or an extra cracker (I miss them because I haven't eaten them for 3 days) or an odd extra bite of fruit here or there (just because I wanted to). You got it out of me. Oh and a few spoonfuls of the DELICIOUS homemade yoghurt I made yesterday, or an extra bite of cheese when I wasn't meant to have cheese.... I suspect I might actually have lost weight if I was sticking to this 100%. It's getting harder and harder in some ways, and getting easier now that I'm allowed more food so I am less prone to snacking...

PPS - I made blueberry jam out of my 100 g blueberry allowance and one sachet of Natvia (a stevia-based sweetener) and some water. It rocked my socks off. Especially on toast. :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment