Wednesday 31 August 2011

Cohen's Diet Refeed; Day 1... or... Welcome back bread, my old friend.

Well hello there! Can't believe I'm here. No, seriously. I started this diet with the firm intention that I get to refeed. I remember saying to my Mum, 'It's really important that I start and finish this diet properly, so that I can reintroduce all the foods properly so that my body learns how to deal with them again.' And here I am - doing just that. I remember absolutely panicking on the inside that this would just be another one of those diets that I committed to and never followed through with, and yet somehow I knew it would be different. I followed all my Landmarky principles and put measures in place to help pull me into the world of success - this blog being a huge part of it. Having to own up to you guys each week has been a huge help to me and I really appreciate that you all came along on this journey with me. :)

It's been an interesting few weeks. I got stuck at the same weight for about 3 weeks. I lost 0.5 kg twice and put on 0.5 kg once (my little binge fest) but I kept coming back to the same number. It's like my body just put the breaks on. So did my mind - I felt like I was going crazy. I kept walking around the supermarket with food I wasn't allowed to eat, having 20 minute conversations with myself (as I did the rest of my shopping) about how eating the non-allowed *yoghurt/nuts/dried fruit/fruit and nut bar* wouldn't make a huge difference, only to put it down on a random shelf just before I went through the checkouts. It was a strange time. I finally relaxed over the last few days, knowing that refeed was coming and that I'd soon be able to eat more food. Today is day 1 and I'm 0.5 kg lighter than I was at weigh in 2 weeks ago.

I had the most divine lunch - Mozzarella cheese with tomato and fresh basil on... wait for it... BREAD! White bread. Fresh from Bakers Delight - it was delicious! I notice how much I am loving simple food now. I'm starting to notice all of the junk and 'numbers' that are added into foods and wondering what food I can make myself so as to avoid it. I even brought my own yoghurt maker and am going to make my own yoghurt when this is all over.

I also noticed how quick I was to put myself down this week - I got my letter from Dr Cohen (the standard one you get when you get to refeed) which said, 'Dear Melanie, Congratulations on getting to your goal weight!' and proceeded to say what a great job I'd done. I immediately thought to myself that I was not that good since I didn't actually make it to the goal weight he gave me (I'm 9 kg away from the upper limit he set) and how I haven't done a very good job after all. Hello!!?? I've lost 24 kg. It's ridiculous how much weight I've lost. Who cares if I haven't finished - I'm stopping early to go to France - wooo-freaking-hooooooo!!!!!!!! I can come back and lose the extra 9 kg if I feel the need to, because, you know, I'm a person who CAN LOSE WEIGHT IF SHE WANTS TO! Maybe I won't even want to, because,  you know, I look pretty awesome right now!!! I walked into Guess on the weekend and fit into about 5 pairs of their size 12 jeans and looked fabulous! So yeah. That's all I've got to say about that. :)

So I enjoyed my blueberries with my yoghurt this morning and I loved my first slice of bread in 21 weeks. I have to weigh myself daily and add in various amounts of various foods over the next 18 days to a point where I am adding 3 pieces of bread, 2 fruits (that's 4 a day in total), extra meat and veg, pasta, rice, biscuits and wine. My food is going to double. Let's just hope my weight doesn't, he he.

I'll keep you posted. ;)

M. x

PS - I love purple cabbage.

2 comments: