Wednesday 9 November 2011

Back on Track...

Well hello again!

I must say that it is feeling good to be 'back on plan', even if I have eaten cake twice already, hahaha! I am feeling much more in control of my eating which is brilliant. The first day I stuck to it perfectly, then on Day 2 and Day 3 there were cakes at work and I had some both days. The difference has been that I am not punishing myself for doing so because this is actually how I planned it. By using it more as a structure than an actual diet, I've been able to have a bit of cake for morning tea, and then go on to have a normal lunch and normal dinner afterwards. In the past I would have had an unhealthy dinner (with wine) because I'd already stuffed up that day. Each night I was craving a glass of wine (BIG TIME!) but I managed not to have any and stick to my normal Cohen's dinner and I've lost roughly 0.5 kg a day, so 1.5 kg in 3 days. Much like I did on the first week of Cohen's last time. I know it won't work as well this time, I have drinks on Thursday night and dinner out on Saturday and my first week weigh in is on Sunday, but I know it is going to be much better than it would have been had I kept eating the way I was when I got back.

I must stress to those who read my blog that are on Cohen's for the first time - don't follow what I am doing now. What I am really doing is a combination of the maintenance rules with plan weights and if you eat cake or sugar or anything like that when you are mid plan, it will severely disrupt your hormone balance. So, 'don't try this at home, kids.' ;)

I am feeling much better about myself already because I feel like I am in control again - a feeling that I lost when I was in France. I totally got that I stopped loving myself when I lost control, and that is what made it so hard to get back to some reasonable eating structure.
 

By writing this down and making myself accountable to the people who read this, I feel I owe it to you, rather than myself, which is how I was able to get started without much self-love in the first place. But as I saw myself transforming and became proud of myself for achieving such a big thing, I started to love myself again. I lost control in France and then stopped with the love, hence it getting worse and worse.

So the past 3 days I've been making an effort to love myself. I cooked myself some lovely food, like stewed apples for breakfasts, Cohen's friendly marmalade for my crackers and prawn stirfrys for dinner. I brought myself flowers for the kitchen, I did my nails and other little things to make myself feel pretty, and it works! It's all about feeling like you are worthy. If you don't think you are worthy, you will stuff your face forever trying to make yourself feel better about it.

So that's my hot tip for the week - find a reason to love yourself. Do nice things for yourself. Treat yourself to a pedicure. Or do one yourself!

Hope you are all having a great week!

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment