Thursday 18 August 2011

Cohen's Diet Weigh In; Week 19... or... Life's too short for shit crackers.

Well hello again! Week 19 - 0.7 kg and a grand total of 23.5 kg. Wow! I have 2 weeks until I start refeed. I want to lose an extra 2.6 kg and am not sure I will get there but most people lose a bit during refeed so I'm hoping I will too. :)

I have been absolutely fantasising about what I am going to eat when I am on maintenance. What will form part of my regular diet, what I will eat for treats, and boy oh boy, it's amazing how excited I am about toasted muesli. With dried fruit. And nuts. And yoghurt. Drool... Funny, the things I am excited about are not what I thought they would be. I thought I'd be busting to drink some champagne and eat some chocolate and bread, but it's all about the fruit. Oh and liquorice. Chocolate coated, I'm sure. Salmon with broccoli! Yum. I've been spending exorbitant amounts of time in the muesli aisle lately, and have decided that once I am on maintenance I will make my own muesli so I've spent hours formulating my recipe. HA! Not that I'm obsessed with food or anything...

I have also pretty much decided that I will go back on Cohen's when I have returned from France. This is for several reasons:

1) I'm sure I'll come back from France a little fatter than when I left;
2) I feel like I am stopping too soon and haven't finished yet;
3) I want to get back into the habit of eating in a Cohen-like fashion after 5 weeks of no control in France;
4) I am curious as to what weight my body will tell me to stop at;
5) I think it will work better after a bit of a break again; and
6) I do confess to hoping my thighs will get a bit smaller (even though I kinda like them now).

I think I will wait a week when I get back - pack in a few social catch-ups (with wine) and a night on the town (with wine) and then get back into it. It's such a good training program for good eating!

So - what do you think? Do you want me to keep up the blog if I do it again? Let me know if you want me to keep you informed or if you will be glad once it is over. ;) Please post some comments or email me!

As you may have gathered from the title of this post, I have switched back to the yummy crackers (as of today). I'd been eating low fat ones for about 3 weeks (thinking it might help) but now I've decided, life is too short for shit crackers! :) Both types are allowed on the program and I don't think it made a big difference so I've switched back to the tasty ones. Something had to give this week - I'm going to be celebrating my birthday by going out for a big night (sans wine) and going to see a movie in Gold Class (sans wine). Not to mention not being able to buy any snacks. Fancy that - birthday celebrations without using food or wine. Geez, miracles really do happen!!!
Hope you have a great week!

M. x

PS - This is a photo I took on Monday of this week. Thought you might like a visual update. I'll see if I can put up some before/after ones when I'm at the end - if I am brave enough! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment