Friday 5 August 2011

Cohen's Diet Weigh In; Week 17.

Gosh, the weeks are just cranking on by, aren't they? Hope you are all well and happy.

This week I lost 1.4 kg! That's more than the last 2 weeks put together. Grand total of 22 kg - woot!

What did I change? I think primarily the biggest change was that I stopped stressing. Being told I could start refeed on 1 September really gave me the freedom this week to relax and I think that was the biggest factor. I also reintroduced cheese this week so I know that doesn't affect my weight loss and I am going to keep (very enjoyably) eating it until the end.

This week I started a "Cohen's Truth Sheet", which is just something I made up to help me manage my fruit and crackers. I totally got that I hadn't been managing them well at all. In not setting aside my allowance each day I was allowing myself to eat extra crackers under the guise of forgetfulness. Non-intentional of course, but looking back over the day and forgetting the one at lunch or breakfast meant I was (assumedly) often having an extra one when I couldn't recall if I'd eaten one or not.

As for fruit, boy am I craving it. It has become the most attractive thing in the world to me, no doubt because of the sugar. I've had a bit of extra fruit a few days this week. Ok... I admit it... I actually had a bit of extra fruit on more than a few days this week... OK OK - you've twisted my arm! Even when recording it I may have inadvertently/accidentally on purpose eaten the odd extra cracker too. Sigh. Trust you to hold me to account and force it out of me!! ... Anyhoo, where was I? ... Oh that's right, there were 2 days that we had huge catered morning teas and I didn't beat myself up about eating extra fruit because I dodged all the cake and sausage rolls. I even had to work hard to dodge the watermelon and blueberries and pineapple that I'm not allowed to eat! But I am writing it down each day so at least I am aware of it. Then, if I look back at the end of the week wondering why I haven't lost much weight, I can see if I've behaved myself or not. Funny how I seem to forget if I have...

In other related news, I cleaned out my whole wardrobe this week. 5 hours of trying on everything I own; I was exhausted in the end! I can't tell you how good I felt. I have 2 gorgeous CUE suits that I used to wear when I worked in a law firm and I've never quite fit into the pants of one of them. They fit now! Almost all of the size 14 clothes that were in my wardrobe are now being given away. I am a definite size 12. There is nothing in my wardrobe that doesn't fit and it feels great! There were a few items of clothing I was sad to get rid of, but it's worth it!! It's funny - I'd been storing up all of my big clothes thinking I'd do a huge purge at the end and that it would be a therapeutic celebration and a bit of an emotional "dumping" of my old life, but I realised this week that I didn't have to get to the end to do that, in fact, I needed to do it RIGHT NOW! ... Or right then, more accurately. Having all those extra clothes hanging around all of a sudden became a huge weight of crap I needed to be rid of and so now I am feeling de-cluttered and excited about my (old) wardrobe. I know I will need to do it all again at the end, but it felt so good to dump a whole pile of "emotional" baggage at this point now. :)

Have a great week everyone!! I begin my quest again to have a deviation-free week this week.

M. x

PS - OK, so this week started badly with an extra half a serve of fruit yesterday. You got me. Gosh you really are persistent this week - wish me luck for the rest of it!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment