Thursday 21 July 2011

Cohen's Diet Weigh In; Week 15.

I weighed in this morning and I was shattered!!! I lost 0.6 kg which brings me to a grand total of 19.9 kg! Waaaaah! Well... I'm not really shattered given that I've (nearly) lost 20 kg, just a bit miffed that I didn't crack the 20 kg mark and also that I have had my worst ever weight loss to date. But that's all the complaining I'll do. :) I'm actually not surprised, I'm stuck at the weight I couldn't crack 4 years ago and they do say that your body has 'memory weights' that it will try to maintain but it's all good, I'll smash it next week. :)

I had a fabulous chat last night with the head of the Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic that I'm signed up to. Thus far I've avoided them like the plague, because, you know, I don't like being told what to do. I told them I'd sign up but wouldn't go see them (they are waaaay over the other side of the city), so thus far I've done the whole thing by phone. I typically only talk to them once every 4 weeks which is when they record my weight, or if I have a question. I had not had a hugely great experience with them as the woman who was meant to call me once a month was pretty slack, resulting in me calling her each time she was late in calling me so my overall impression of them wasn't high. However, it turns out she's not there now (apparently they noticed she was crap too) and that the lady who runs the place has taken an interest in her clients.

Anyhoo, we had a good old chat and I told her about how I am going to France and need to start refeed on 1 September but don't think I'll quite make it. I was scared to tell her in case she tried to make me go to France without doing refeed and make me keep going until I reach goal weight when I got back (meaning I wouldn't be allowed to drink wine or eat croissants in France!?) but she was great! She's now made it her personal mission to make sure I do make it (yippee!), and has given me some new rules for this week (boo!). These include:

1) Only have yoghurt 4 mornings a week (cry). She wants me to have an egg for breakfast on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. I like eggs but I LOVE my mango smoothies and this is going to be a bit sucky but will be worth it if it works.

2) No cheese this week. BOOOOOOOO!!!! I love cheese. So much. The fact that I can only have it 3 times a week makes me sad enough already but she said, now that I am down to the last fat layer, my body will burn the fat that I eat before it will burn the fat from my thighs and so she is banning me from eating cheese (which is the only protein in the diet that has fat in it). Cry cry cry. Friggin cry. And I have a feeling 'no cheese this week' will turn into 'no cheese until you finish'. Waaaah!

3) Cut back big time on the soft drink. (Cry again). I have been drinking (almost) the entire allowance of softdrink which is 1 L. I have 1 x 200 mL coke zero a day with lunch, and 2 x 375 mL sprite zero in the evenings. She wants me to cut back to one can a day. Sob. Sniffle.
 
 4) No Berocca. OH WHY!?? I love my morning Berocca. Too much B6 is what is, apparently, causing me to get the munchies at night time. I thought it was the boredom and the fact that I am alone, coupled with a dash of rebellion.
 
 5) No tofu. Dag nabbit. This was my new favourite thing. In fact, I actually made 6 serves of my lovely Tofu Masala (see my Week 13 Weigh In post for recipe and picture) last weekend and froze them. She said I can eat them (only 2 a week though - max) but that it's a weaker protein and better for me to eat chicken more often.
 
6) Swap lunch and dinner around so I am having a bigger meal at lunch. This rule I can handle (*wipes brow*).
 
Well, not only has she taken away all of the things that I love (*queue melodramatic music*), she has given me a bit of a vitamin readjustment. Firstly, I am to start taking some Blackmores sugar balance tablets. Apparently they will help with the sugar/carb cravings. I am to take them at morning tea, afternoon tea and just after dinner for a week or so, before weening down to one a day. I also have to take some magnesium tablets as I've been getting sore muscles. Get this though, vitamin B6 was in both the magnesium tablets and the sugar balance tablets so I ended up buying calcium & magnesium & D3 tablets which don't have B6. The sugar balance ones do but I'm assuming it won't have such an impact and somehow works with the chromium to regulate your blood sugar? Pfft. Sounds a bit fishy to me (and I can't be bothered looking into it further), so I have just alerted the clinic to the fact that there is, in fact, B6 in the sugar balance tablets and I am just going to do what I am told, for once. :)
 
To get to my goal weight by 1 September I need to lose 11.2 kg. To get to their goal weight for me I need to lose 14 kg. She thinks I'll get to her goal weight but before our conversation last night I thought I was going to come in short at around 9.2 kg (2 kg above my goal). She has me feeling pretty confident about reaching my goal with her help though - so watch this space!!!
 
Thanks for reading my blog, have a great week!!!
 
M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment