Friday 22 July 2011

Gai Pad Gra Pow (Basil Chicken) with Cauliflower Rice

Wow, I love this stuff.

This has always been one of my favourite Thai Dishes. I have had to modify it for my Cohen's Diet as the normal recipe calls for sugar and fish sauce, but I didn't even use any sweetener and it came out beautifully. I thought I might pop it up on my blog so that you all may enjoy it. :)

Ingredients
- 120 g chicken mince;
- 10 g thai basil leaves (looks like a lot but it's the main part of the dish);
- 1 clove garlic;
- chilli (I used a pinch of chilli flakes but you could use whatever chilli you like);
- 1 small spring onion;
- 80g cauliflower.

Slice spring onion, chilli and garlic and stirfry in a bit of spray oil. Add chicken after a minute or so and give a generous sprinkle of celtic salt (I use this as the subsitute for the fish sauce). Cut cauliflower up finely (or grate). Either put it in microwave container and zap for 2 minutes (to make 'cauliflower rice'), or stir in with chicken depending on your preference. Once chicken is cooked, remove from heat and stir through the basil.

I made mine with 'cauliflower rice' as a bit of a novelty. Obviously you can use whatever veggies you like (and certainly a bigger quantity than I used), and even serve with real rice!! Enjoy! :)

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment