Tuesday 5 July 2011

My all time best lucky find I've ever found in the whole of today!

Cohen's Coleslaw!!!

Found a recipe a girl put on the web called, 'Lazy Coleslaw' and she is so right. Quick, easy, and yum!

After playing with it a bit here is how I make it:

1. Slice cabbage and weigh to allowance. If I'm not feeling lazy I might also chop up some spring onion and celery;
2. Splash with white wine vinegar;
3. Add 1 level teaspoon of low fat mayo (that's all I'm allowed per day - it's tiny!);
4. Add a good grind of salt and pepper; and
5. Sprinkle with sweetener.

I turn it over a few times to mix in the mayo then I put the lid on and give it a bit of a shake to mix it (I normally make up one veg allowance in a disposable gladware container). I make a few in advance (I can only have one a day due to the mayo) and have it as a quick, ready-made veg portion.

I also discovered that it goes swimmingly with tuna, which makes for a very quick meal. YUM!

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment