Wednesday 27 April 2011

Ange's Cooking Adventures

Well, I must say, having Angela move in has been an absolute delight! Not just because it's a pleasure to have her around, but given that she has done Cohen's herself she has lots of helpful tidbits and recipes to offer. Over Easter, she made some little chicken patties and some beef burgers!

I ate one of the beef burgers for lunch with lettuce, tomato and a bit of mayo inside 2 premium crackers. YUM! The celery is there just to make up my vege allowance. :)
One of my lovely friends asked me the other day what a typical day of food looks like for me, so here goes, using the beef burger day as an example (all weights are raw):

8:30 am: 1 poached egg, with 75g total of mushroom and spinach cooked with garlic powder and salt with spray oil (see picture in Sleepy Sunday post).

11 am: 2 premium crackers.

1:30 pm: Beef burger (115g lean mince, fresh oregano, spring onion) with 2 premium crackers, 105g veges (lettuce, tomato and celery) and 1 tsp of whole egg mayonnaise.

4 pm: 1 premium cracker and an apple.

7 pm: 120g chicken breast cooked with 100g total of onion and zucchini, cooked off in spray oil and then boiled in enough water to cover before blending into a soup with added cumin and coriander.

8:30 pm: 1 orange.

So there you have it, a day in the life of Cohen's. Weigh in day tomorrow! I'm a bit nervous given my new and very exciting incentives (see my last post, Incentives...), but I am excited! I feel thinner this week, so fingers crossed!!

Hope you had a great Easter break!

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment