Thursday 7 April 2011

Cohen's Diet; Day 1.

Well, day 1 down! Here is what I ate:

Breakfast:
1 egg omelette (OMG it was small) with asparagus and mushroom.

Lunch:
Mozzarella with tomato and basil; and
Mozzarella salad with spinach, rocket, mushrooms, cucumber and red onion.

Dinner:
Prawn stir fry with bok choy and zucchini.

Snacks:
5 vitawheats;
Black coffee;
Can of Coke Zero;
Small bottle of diet ginger ale;
a kiwifruit; and
an orange.

I am so glad I made it through day one. The amount of food that has been calculated for me is the precise minimum amount of food that my body needs to function. Well, it certainly was minimum - I am freaking starving!!!!! Waiting 5 hours between meals is very hard, even with a couple of crackers and a piece of fruit in between but it is meant to get easier. *crosses fingers*

On a different and very scary note, Dr Cohen has given me a goal weight of 59-62 kg! Pfft! What the? When I got married I was 76.5 kg, and I thought I looked awesome. I was about 78 kg for 2 years and was pretty happy with that so I had been aiming for about 73 kg, which is near the top of the healthy weight range for my height. Being in the 60s just seems so strange to me, but I guess we will see how we go. I took my measurements and my 'before' photos this evening. I am feeling very inspired after my gorgeous friend, Angela, showed me her before/after photos from her Cohen journey. It is so nice to have some real-life success stories around me. :)

The other thing that is important is that I have to drink 2-3 litres of water a day. This is essential as my fat breaks down and needs to leave my body and is a big part of the diet. As far as I can tell I stuck to my diet 100% today, and even though I am starving I keep telling myself that it will be very worth it when I am skinny!

M. x

1 comment:

  1. Omg this is exactly the same as me! :) 59-62 kg looks vary far away!! Today is y first day on Cohens - your blog is awesome, and shows me it can be done!!!! Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete