Sunday 10 April 2011

Oopsy Daisy!

I made my first booboo!!!! I miscalculated my lunch time and ate an hour early. I was thinking, 'Wow, I made it to lunch with just one cracker in between, it's a miracle!!' I didn't realise until I was calculating my dinner time and it was the same time as when I get up early during the week. Oops. 'What does this mean?', I hear you ask. Apparently, the Human Growth Hormone can only do it's work efficiently (ridding me of my fat) when there is only one protein in my system. Proteins take five hours to clear the system (hence needing to wait 5 hours between meals) and so there was one hour where the proteins were overlapping. I don't think it will do too much damage, but it was still a mistake. They say that one mistake can set you back a week on the program, but I don't think this is one of those mistakes. I think they more mean if you eat something you're not meant to eat, like chocolate. Anyhoo... that's more than enough thinking about chocolate.

Another thing that I am finding strange and difficult about this diet is that you can't eat extra vegies. Whenever I've done Weight Watchers, I've always used celery to sustain me between meals. One of my most helpful past diet strategies has been to have a bag of washed and cut up celery sticks in the fridge to munch on whenever hunger strikes. The fact that I have to weigh my vegetables and can't just snack on a stick of celery between meals baffles me. However, I am determined to do this diet with integrity, i.e., do it the way it was designed to be done, and not the 'Melanie's version', which would no doubt include celery sticks and the odd glass of champagne... and probably a few other things!

Everyone usually gets a headache over the first few days of this diet, but I can't really comment on that because I've had a headache for about 2 weeks, I suspect from emotional stress. That probably made it a little easier to ignore, which is helpful. And on the note of my helpful headache, I shall sign off!

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment