Sunday 24 April 2011

Incentives...

Well, things are ticking along nicely! A little bit disappointed not to be having my traditional Lindt Chocolate Bunny over Easter, but I'm dealing with it. :)

Still been cooking my lovely meals. To the right is a prawn stirfry with celery, bok choy and zucchini. I used some garlic, cumin, chilli flakes, coriander and lemon juice to flavour it, and it was delicious.

Last night I told my special friend from Uni, who I shall refer to as my 'Student Husband', about my diet and my blog. He had just informed me that he and his lovely partner were planning a trip to visit me in July. Given that when the three of us usually get together, the evening is full of good food, good wine, indulgence, laughter and general frivolity, I thought, 'oh no! I won't be able to eat or drink with them!!!'

I went back to my chart and had a look at my goals. I have said from the start that I plan on doing this in 12 weeks. Whilst I realise that this is very ambitious, the success rates made available by Cohen's indicates that it is possible and has been achieved in the past. So I am to be done by the time they come, or at least in the stage of refeeding where I can indulge, so that we may enjoy our time together as usual.

So I was thinking that I now have a HUGE incentive to prepare myself to enjoy another wonderful evening with my lovely friends at the end of July... and then my Student Husband informs me, get this... that if I make it by then that they will buy me a new evening dress as an additional incentive! I was already stoked just to be able to spend an evening with them and they are offering me another huge incentive! A new dress!!! OMG how lovely is that? I will have no dresses that fit me if I lose so much weight by then so to have a new dress will be magnificent. :) They are going to take me out shopping for a dress and then we will go out for our lovely evening afterwards. I am so lucky to have such lovely friends, totally spoilt! :)

On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful, happy and safe Easter!!!

M. x
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment