Saturday 9 April 2011

Cohen's Diet; Day 3.

Wow. This is going so much better than I thought it would. Apart from the fact I am hungry long before I am allowed to eat next, I am doing OK.

I also thought I would have trouble not drinking, but I am pleased to say (and yes, I know it is only Day 3), that I haven't had any trouble yet. I have some bottles of Diet Dry Ginger Ale in the fridge and so I have one when I get home and I haven't even thought about having a glass of wine or anything else alcoholic.

Friday (Day 2) was also easier than I thought. I had cauliflower cheese for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and curried beef and vegetables for dinner. I also dodged some big bullets. Friday mornings at work are a big, social morning tea. People bring food in (and by food, I mean chocolate, biscuits, cakes, muffins, etc...) and we all sit around a table and eat it. I took a cup of black tea and went and sat at the table and wasn't overly tempted by anything. The muffins looked great, as did the starburst babies, but it made me realise how easy it would be to 'accidentally' deviate from my diet when I am at work. There is always food on the table and I walk past it multiple times a day. Just absent-mindedly grabbing a starburst baby on my way past the table like I would normally would throw out my blood sugar entirely! Home is easy because there is nothing here that I can't eat, but I am going to have to pay attention at work.

I realised today that I am also going to have to be careful with sleep-ins on the weekends. I slept in and had breakfast (omelette) at 10:30 am, which means lunch (beef salad) was at 3:30 pm, and dinner (prawn and bok choy soup) at 8:30 pm. I am not allowed to have my last meal later than 9 pm and so I will have to remember to eat breakfast earlier.

On a self-esteem note, I noticed when I was walking down the hallway at work yesterday (Day 2) that I felt better about myself. Given that it is unlikely that I look any different at this stage, I put it down to the fact that I feel better about myself because I am taking care of myself and doing something that will ultimately make me healthier. Nice to feel a positive change already. On a second self-esteem note, a guy wolf-whistled at me today when he drove past as I was loading my groceries into my car boot. I looked up (trying to be inconspicuous in case he wasn't whistling at me) and he gave me a huge grin and wave and drove off. Felt nice to know somebody finds me attractive at the weight I'm at now, and helped me to remember that I really am doing this for myself and not anyone else.

On that note, I shall sign off. :)

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment