Thursday 14 April 2011

Cohen's Diet Weigh In; Week 1.

Woo hoo!!!! I lost 3.8 kg! :)

I am absolutely stoked and pretty proud of myself for sticking to it so well.

Lessons Learnt so far:
- I have trouble drinking all my water on the weekends so I have to get started early or take water with me when I go out.
- Mango smoothies for breakfast are awesome!
- Sometimes I forget to eat my 5th cracker as I am only allowed 2 at a time and I tend to eat them at morning/afternoon tea and forget the last one.
- I actually can sit infront of junk and not eat it.
- I have to be careful about putting food in my mouth without thinking.
- Vitamin B6 makes you hungry.

I learnt that last one when I asked my consultant if I could have berocca. I figured I could since it was artificially sweetened, and she said no because it had too much vitamin B6 in it and it would make me hungry. I asked if I could have it if I could put up with the hunger and she said yes. :)

As for the watching what I put in my mouth thing, the amount of times I was cutting up celery (or whatever) and went to eat the part that I cut off as I was weighing it was astonishing. I also found it hard avoiding the skittles on the desk next to me. I think I am attracted by bright colours! I kept going to grab one.

We had a staff meeting at work yesterday and I was offered a blackforest tim tam. I thought it was bad enough that there was a packet on the table until somebody walked into the meeting with a huge deluxe packet of chocolate biscuits including normal tim tams, mint slices, and about 3 other types of chocolate biscuits. At one point they were so close to me I could smell them, which was not helpful. But I am pleased to say that I politely declined, even though they smelt amazing. I have also been asked to stay back and have a glass of wine by my bosses twice this week, so I have done very well.

I think I am just amazed that I stuck to it so well. Now for the hard part, keeping it up when the weight loss slows down! I'm only going to blog on weigh in days and when the mood strikes me from now on, so I will let you know how things go!!!

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment